Monday, June 25, 2007

You wouldn't worry what people thought of you...

You wouldn't worry what people thought of you if you knew how seldom they did.

Everyone is concerned with #1, themselves. They don't care what you're wearing, as much as they care about what they're wearing. They aren't so concerned about what they think of you as they are as about what you think of them.

"Enough about me, let's talk about what you think of me" is a fundamental truth of human interation.

So when you're at a party, and you think everyone is noticing you, they're not, they're hoping that you'll be noticing them.

3 comments:

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

This is one of the best pieces of knowledge I picked up from you back in the day. It's so true!! People are very self-consumed.

Salt H20 said...

I thought the best piece of knowledge you picked up from me was to put the dish in the dishwasher just after you use it!

Man, and I thought I had changed the world one person at a time.

Sarah said...

And, you're wrong Kory, because it IS all about me...