Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Equity Title = Pure Evil

Re-financing and purchasing a home are stressful events, and over the past month Brent and I have been dealing with a title company which has made every step of the process as painful and cumbersome as possible. Just when you think they couldn’t get any more incompetent- BAM! They out do themselves- over, and over, and over again. One would assume the finance and real estate industry would require people to pay attention to small details like dates, closing costs, a lien on the property and that my parents aren’t dead. (Long Story) My question is, how can we exact financial repercussions on Equity Title for their astronomically poor service? (You’d get bored with the details)

Management with in the title company doesn’t care- they only value their relationships with lenders and real estate agents that bring them the chumps to make change of title.

I’m tempted to scratch on gas station bathroom walls Equity Title = Satan, maybe I should just target bathroom walls in Real Estate Offices.

8 comments:

ThomCarter said...

You could always be the nerd that calls the Better Business Burreau.

Or realize that they are just stupid and all that.

PS - Will you help my brother, check my stuff out.

Salt H2O said...

WOW- Just found out that Equity Title read my blog. HILARIOUS.

Well, I guess I can cancel my trip to the Cheveron Bathroom walls.

jiners said...

you should still send something in to the better business bureau:)

Salt H2O said...

I contacted a friend who owns a bunch of Century 21's in Utah, told him about the experience and he said he already doesn't recommed Equity Evil. I should have contacted him a month ago.

In addition USAA (the Lender) contacted us this morning, due to Equity's treatment of our loan officer at USAA, has put Equity Title on their do not use/ do not recommend list.

crazy4danes said...

Nice! Glad to see you got stuff taken care of...and that's hilarious they read your blog! LOL

Allie said...

Maybe if they spent less time reading blogs of clients, they'd be able to give better service.

Salt H2O said...

Allie, despite our very different political opinions, I think we can definitely be friends.

Allie said...

That's good, because despite (some) very different political opinions, I think you're pretty funny.