Monday, February 25, 2008

Fabulous Item of the Week: K2O


I was wary of the Special K protein water- water is going to take the edge off hunger? But since I had $7 burning a hole in my pocket I bought a box of the protein packets and was pleasantly surprised to find out that they indeed work.

It’s pricey, but tasty. It's perfect to tide you over around 3:30 PM when you're craving chocolate and are starting to want dinner. It has saved me many a time from eating those nasty cheese and crackers they serve on Delta Flights. (For some reason I like to board airplanes hungry)

Sure it's better (and cheaper) to eat some cottage cheese and fruit to get your afternoon protein fix, but it's tough getting cottage cheese through airport security, which is what makes these tiny tubes of powdered protein so perfect.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

I tried this out last night, and you're right! They really do work!!

I'm going to buy a packet of powders (the one i had was a bottle), but I'm not sure if there's one flavor that's the best. Do you have a favorite?

Salt H2O said...

Pink Lemonade is the best.