Monday, September 15, 2008
The sunny side of being the size of a tank
Pregnant people don't complain nearly enough, I had no idea how bad pregnancy was before I got into it. But yesterday I started to look at the brighter side of being pregnant- and here are the top ten good things (not just the top ten but the only ten) about being pregnant.
1. I'm consistently told how cute I look- Who knew that putting on 35 lbs would get me more compliments than I've experienced in my entire life?
2. I can be rude and moderately cranky and people just smile.
3. I have an instant conversation piece with everyone I meet.
4. In a crowded room, or rental car bus, someone always offers their seat to me, and I don't feel remotely bad about taking it.
5. I could care less what size is on clothing labels- if it fits, I'm in.
6. I have someone with me all the time I can talk to (she doesn't respond much be we have very stimulating conversations)
7. My due date moved up so there is a good chance she could be born in 2008- hello tax benefits!
8. I can bail out of almost anything I don't want to do with the excuse of feeling tired or not feeling well. (This would be more advantageous if that wasn't the truth 99% of the time)
9. Guilt Free eating. If I feel compelled to eat something it must be because the baby desperately needs the nutrients in white mint chocolate chip ice cream.
10. I've eaten more doughnuts in the past 5 months than I've eaten in the past 5 years (that being a grand total of 4)