Friday, October 10, 2008

Best 1/2 Hour of TV of 2008

There are probably only 5 people in the US that missed last night's SNL Thursday edition of weekend update. As one of them was my husband, I figured there's a good chance that one the blog's 8 readers may have missed it as well.

It could be that I was home by myself, or that I had watched a very disappointing episode of Kath & Kim- but I have never laughed in front of the tv the way I laughed through out the entire 1/2 hour. From the opening debate spoof which you can see at nbc.com- to the very end- I think this was the first time EVER that an entire episode of SNL kept me laughing- granted it was only 30 minutes.

At the end of the following segment I burst out in spontaneous applause. Too bad SNL is only awesome every 4 years.

6 comments:

adam said...

The "Really?!" segment was so cathartic. Every few weeks or so I want to go off on a rant on my blog about some issue or another, but I've never fully been able to express my feelings. They did it quite well with the AIG fiasco. I felt so much better afterwards.

Salt H2O said...

I'm with you 100%, the Really segment made me feel a strange sense of relief and I ended the night feeling a bit more positive about life.

I'm glad someone called it like it is.

Kamilli Vanilli said...

I loved the debate spoof! It was such a horrible debate in so many ways, and they parodied all the reasons why.

drew said...

Kory,

Yes, the SNL spot was awesome. I also thought The Office episode that preceded was good too.

I loved the Browkaw-time-nazi stuff...

davers said...

Agreed both the SNL and The Office this week were awesome!

KDub said...

What I love is that everyone watches it, even the officials. It comes second to debates, if someone doesn't watch the debate, they'll watch it on SNL to get the basic summary of it.

And yes, federal government, REALLY??? OH MY GOSH ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

If they weren't watching, they will.