Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Blessings making me cranky

By 6 pm yesterday I was wiped out. That morning I got the best run in I've had in months, and between feedings I was on conference calls, typing with one hand while bouncing a baby on my knee, picked up my sister in law at the airport, catching up on all that I've missed in work over the past 3 months, dealing with spit up all over the floor, ran to the post office just before it closed to send a package off to my sister in Paraguay, and did about 3 loads of laundry.

Then around 8 pm I was cranky. I was worn out, tired and knew that this was my new life.

This morning I realized I was the most ungrateful creature on the planet. I was cranky because I was able to have a great job and take care of my healthy beautiful baby at the same time. I had a sister in law that helped me immensely in the afternoon yesterday and a sister who is out serving other people. I was exhausted because I was able to run. I was cranky because I was blessed.

If there is one thing I know, is that if we complain about our blessings God will surely take them away from us. I better watch out!

10 comments:

Drae said...

Hi. You don't know me. I'm Jon Phillips' wife. I frequently read your blog. Yep. I'm blog stalking you. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I love this post. It's a great reminder to me not to complain when I have to go to the gym at 5:00AM because I have to make it to work on time. I'm just grateful I have a job and a body that works. Thanks!!

Steve said...

I often have to remind myself of this when SA is screaming her pretty little head off. :) I'm still not sold on this whole 'having kids' thing yet though, haha.

JustRandi said...

That's probably really, really good advice. Thanks for saying it!

Tim and Kirst said...

I hear ya! I feel the same way...here I am not wanting to go back to work while others are losing their jobs and really needing work. I feel really ungrateful sometimes.

crazy4danes said...

Great post! I'm glad that you are able to work from home and still be there for you little one...that truly is a blessing! It's tough starting new routines but soon it will be old hat and you will be flying through your days! :)

Melissa said...

Beautiful reminder. Thank you.

Synergy Girl said...

I must be SERIOUSLY blessed...I have been quite cranky lately...nice to read your post, and realize that I better get over my pity party, and buck on with it...!! Love the blog!

Jo's Outlet said...

Blessings are heavy to carry, like jobs and health, and homes and spouses and children. It takes hard work to get more blessings which require more hard work. It's part of the Lord's plan. No rest for the weary until the other side, and then there's still no "rest."

Being a working mom is double-duty, and you're probably doing great handling everything.

Jo's Outlet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Beautiful and spot on. Can you send some of that perspective and good attitude my way?

xo