To make things easy for everyone that thinks Mormons are a bunch nutcases: here's the top 10 Crazy things Mormons believe: Brace yourself for a shock- the Senate Majority leader, yes Harry Reid- one of the most powerful individuals in the world- is a practicing Mormon and believes all of the below.
10. A man built a ship- put two of every animal on that ship, the entire earth was flooded, all humanity and animal life were destroyed except for those on the boat.
9. A woman was turned to a pillar of salt. PILLAR of Salt people.
8. God had his prophet swallowed by a fish, and then regurgitated by said fish and lived.
7. A man had ridiculous strength because he never cut his hair.
6. The sea has been split in half- and thousands of people walked across the sea on dry ground.
5. There once was a staff that if you would just look at it, it would heal you.
4. At one time the first born of every family that did not put blood over their door was killed.
3. Man has walked on water.
2. Mr. Ed existed, but he wasn't a horse- he was a donkey.
1. A Virgin gave birth to the Son of God.
Makes some gold plates, not drinking coffee, and a lot of food storage look pretty mild doesn't it?
*Update: Even Stepphen Colbert Agrees