Friday, November 16, 2012

Texas Liberals

I gave up California, the once love of my life- because it was too liberal. I admit it, I like to earn money. I like to keep the money I earn.

I said "San Diego, Laguana Beach, Seal Beach, LA and Santa Barbra- liberals, they're yours"

And I moved to Texas.

What I do not understand is why there are liberals in Texas- when they could be surrounded by 'their own' in much more fabulous places- like San Diego, like New York City- why hotter than hell Texas?

You know why there are liberals in Texas? Because there are jobs in Texas. There is money in Texas. There is a lower cost of living in Texas.  And why oh why are there jobs, and money and a low cost of living? Because of conservative principles.

Liberals in Texas maintain a level of disdain for the very conservative principles and people that are the driving force behind their lively hood.  At least California liberals are forced to pay the taxes and deal with the jobless numbers that accompany their philosophies.

This article puts it perfectly:  Texas vs. California

So Texas is Germany to California's Greece through the redistribution of federal tax dollars. Fine. Just don't move to Texas bringing your failed economy policies with you.

5 comments:

Linds Barttels said...

(i don't even know you, btw, but i love your blog)
just thought you would find it interesting that at least one of the big corporations in norcal that fund the liberal candidates' campaigns just announced that they are MOVING a huge part of their business to Oregon or Arizona bc the business climate in CA is bad. Funny- they fund the people that make the climate bad & then leave bc it's bad. Thanks for making that clear, Intel.

goddessdivine said...

Part of me feels that way about Utah: If you don't like it here, leave. I so tire of the people complaining that we're always "red" or there's too many Mormons. Dude--there's 49 other states (well, 56 if you're Obama); pick one. And quit trying to secularize and liberalize this one.

My aunt and uncle (actually, my aunt and the 3rd man she married) are some of the Texas liberals you're talking about. He had the audacity to post on FB that the "47 percent" were heard and their guy won....and then proceeded to call Romney the Anti-Christ. Too bad I'm not on FB or I'd have given him an earful. My sister sent it to me in rage. And yes, they receive govt checks. I sooo want to tell him not to come crawling to his wife's brother, aka my father, when his govt checks run out. Because they will.

I left CA after high school. And as lovely as a state that it is, I don't think I could ever go back. It's been ruined.

The Atomic Mom said...

I grew up in Arizona. We always hated the California people moved there and started ruining it.

Salt H2O said...

@ Atomic Mom-
As a born and raised Californian, I understand. It's one thing to leave California for Arizona and embrace Arizona for what it is- it's quite another to leave California for where ever- and then try to make that place California.

Salt H2O said...

@Linds Barttels- I just realized you're married to Brad! Who was roommates with Erik Riewerts who married my friend and roommate Teresa Jagard. We were in Pierside together. Small mormon world!